Easy meal Ultimate Spinach and Turkey Lasagna
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3/4 pound ground turkey breast
- 3 cups low-sodium jarred marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach, completely defrosted and squeezed of all excess liquid
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Prep time 25 min Cook time 1 Hour. 15 min Total 1 Hour, 40 min
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375Â°.
Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6â€“7 minutes. add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add turkey and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink and cooked through, 4â€“5 minutes. Add marinara, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 2â€“3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and cool slightly.
Combine ricotta, spinach, parsley, egg whites, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Coat the bottom of a 14- x 11-inch lasagna pan with 1â„2 cup sauce. arrange three lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread 3â„4 cup sauce evenly over noodles. Spoon 2â„3 cup ricotta- spinach mixture evenly on top of sauce. Repeat layers two more times.
Cover top with three noodles and remaining 3â„4 cup sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10â€“15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly. Cut into 9 squares and serve.