Easy meal Ultimate Spinach and Turkey Lasagna
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3/4 pound ground turkey breast
- 3 cups low-sodium jarred marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach, completely defrosted and squeezed of all excess liquid
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Prep time 25 min Cook time 1 Hour. 15 min Total 1 Hour, 40 min
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6–7 minutes. add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add turkey and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink and cooked through, 4–5 minutes. Add marinara, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 2–3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and cool slightly.
Combine ricotta, spinach, parsley, egg whites, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Coat the bottom of a 14- x 11-inch lasagna pan with 1⁄2 cup sauce. arrange three lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread 3⁄4 cup sauce evenly over noodles. Spoon 2⁄3 cup ricotta- spinach mixture evenly on top of sauce. Repeat layers two more times.
Cover top with three noodles and remaining 3⁄4 cup sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10–15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly. Cut into 9 squares and serve.